At Sacred Heart our goal is to make and grow disciples for Jesus Christ. Disciples are people who pray, learn, serve, give, and call others to the adventure of discipleship. We seek to grow in discipleship through our ministries.
We all need a plan for our money. Financial Peace University is that plan! It teaches God's ways of handling money. Though video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical practical steps to get more from where you are to where you've dreamed you could be. This 9 week seminar will allow you to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more!
Stay tuned for details for details about our next class!
We are committed to helping those most in need in our community, through a variety of programs: meal program, missions, blood drive.
LECTORS, EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS, ALTAR SERVERS
If you are interested in joining the liturgical ministry schedule, contact Colleen Andersen.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Parishioners are invited to serve the parish as catechists in our program.
Our choir and cantors help the community pray at Mass.
It is in these small groups that our large Church body becomes a closely nit Church.
FaithGroups is a small-group ministry at Sacred Heart. Groups of 5 to 10 parishioners meet to discuss faith and life. The parish provides a video message based on the readings of the previous Sunday, and a few questions to facilitate a faith-based discussion.
We are providing the environment where individuals can grow as disciples for Jesus Christ. People will be challenged to become authentic and accountable about what is really going on in their lives in a safe and supportive community.
Intentional faith-based relationships are key to sustained spiritual growth. Members pray and care for one another, and develop friendships with other growing disciples. Groups meet at different locations (the home of the FaithGroup facilitator) once a week. The meetings last an hour and a half.
A disciple is someone who serves, and it begins here, in our parish. Through our Weekend Ministries parishioners take responsibility for making our Weekend worship experience an excellent one.
- Parking Team: This team directs traffic, manage flow, assist with special needs, and make sure we’re accommodating the maximum number of cars. But more importantly, our parking ministry is also about establishing a welcoming, festive environment as people enter our campus, wordlessly communicating, “We’re waiting for you. We’re glad you’re here.”
- Host Team: inside the building, the Host Team adds words to the welcome. Their goal is to greet everyone who comes through our doors, demonstrating in a convincing way our enthusiasm for their presence with us.
- Nursery: This team manages the children's nursery, open for children ages 1 to 6. Our nursery is open only at the 10 AM Mass.
- Information Team: Stationed in the lobby with their own desk and laptop, they handle information. This team provides visitors and parishioners with details about programs and services.
- Fellowship Team: We want visitors and parishioners to come early and stay longer. The Fellowship Team prepares coffee and something to eat to facilitate conversation after mass.
To get involved, or to simply get more info, contact our ministries coordinator, Linda Franczyk.